– The Administrator – VELI TECHNOLOGIES LTD (registration number: HE 443907) with its seat in John Kennedy, 8, IRIS BUILDING, 7th floor, Flat/Office 740B, 3106, Limassol, the Republic of Cyprus.
– Personal data – information about a natural person identified or identifiable by one or more specific factors determining physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity, including device IP, location data, online identifier and information collected via cookies and other similar technology.
– GDPR – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
– Website – website run by the Administrator at the address https://velitech.com.
– User – any natural person visiting the Website or using one or more services or functionalities described in the Policy.
3. Why we process your data and on what legal basis
In connection with your usage of the Website, the Administrator collects data to the extent necessary to provide individual services offered, as well as information about your activity on the Website.
The Company might collect the categories of personal data and will use your personal data for the purposes set out below in compliance with the GDPR where applicable, and other relevant laws.
The use of a website service
Your personal data (including IP address or other identifiers, as well as information collected through cookies or similar technologies), are processed by the Administrator for the following purposes:
1.To provide services by electronic means (to provide Users with content available on the Website) – in this case, the legal basis for processing is the necessity of processing for the performance of a contract (Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR;
2. For analytical and statistical purposes – in this case, the legal basis for processing is the legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR), which involves analysing Users’ activity and preferences to improve the functionalities and services provided;
3. For the purpose of establishing and defending against potential claims – the legal basis for processing is the legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR), which involves protecting our rights.
4. For marketing purposes of the Administrator and other entities. The marketing activities may consist of: displaying marketing content to the User that corresponds to his interests (behavioural advertising); or displaying marketing content to the User that is not adapted to his preferences (contextual advertising). In this case, the legal basis for processing is the legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR).
Contact form on the Website
The Administrator provides the option to contact him using electronic contact form. Using the form requires providing personal data necessary to establish contact with you and to respond to your inquiry. You may also provide other data to facilitate communication or handle the inquiry. Providing data marked as mandatory is required to accept and process the inquiry, and failure to provide such data will result in the inability to process the request. Providing other data is voluntary.
Personal data is processed as follows:
- For the purpose of identifying the sender and handling their inquiry sent through the provided form – the legal basis for processing is the necessity for the performance of a contract for the provision of the service (Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR; regarding optional data provided, the legal basis for processing is consent (Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR);
- For analytical and statistical purposes – the legal basis for processing is the legitimate interest of the Administrator (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR), which involves keeping statistics of inquiries submitted by you through the Website to improve its functionalities.
In the event of contacting the Administrator through an email address provided on the Website with no relation to services provided to the sender or any contractual agreement with the Administrator, the personal data contained in such correspondence is processed solely for the purpose of communication and resolving the matter addressed in the correspondence. This means that the Administrator will only use the personal data provided in the email for the specific purpose for which it was communicated, and will not use it for any other unrelated purposes without obtaining additional consent.
4. Information We Share
In connection with the provision of the services, your personal data will be disclosed to external entities, including, in particular, IT system service providers. Additionally, in case of entering into any agreement with us and when it’s necessary your personal data may be disclosed to entities such as banks, accounting service providers, and entities related to the Administrator.
We do not sell personal data we collect about you. We may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, and (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
Transferring data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
The level of personal data protection outside the European Economic Area (EEA) may differ from that provided by European law. For this reason, We transfer personal data outside the EEA only when necessary, and with the assurance of an appropriate level of protection, primarily through:
- Cooperation with entities processing personal data in countries for which the European Commission has issued an adequacy decision regarding the provision of an adequate level of personal data protection.
- Using standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission.
- Implementing binding corporate rules approved by the relevant supervisory authority.
We always inform about the intention to transfer personal data outside the EEA at the stage of data collection.
5. Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal data we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your data or submit a request, please contact us at [email protected]. To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal data we maintain about you or request that we correct, amend, delete, block, or move the information by contacting us as indicated below. Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal data, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
To the extent the GDPR applies to the processing of your personal data, you have the following rights and choices:
- Right to information, Art. 15 of the GDPR.
- Right to correction, Art. 16 of the GDPR.
- Right to deletion (“Right to be forgotten”), Art. 17 of the GDPR.
- Right to limit or restrict processing, Art. 18 of the GDPR.
- Right to data portability, Art. 20 of the GDPR.
- Right to object, Art. 21 of the GDPR.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to requests to access or delete your personal data within 15 business days.
In order to be able to process your request, as well as for identification purposes, please note that we will use your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR.
6. How can you withdraw your consent?
If you consent to us processing your personal data, please note that you may withdraw this consent at any time.
If you have consented to the use of our cookies, you can withdraw your consent as explained in our cookies section.
In all other cases or if you have problems withdrawing your consent on this website, you can contact us at [email protected].
Please note that your consent can only be withdrawn with future effect and such a withdrawal does not have any influence on the lawfulness of past processing. In some cases, we may be entitled in spite of your withdrawal to continue to process your personal data on a different legal basis.
7. Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small text files containing a random and unique identifier that either the Company or a third-party web analytics provider transfer to your computer or mobile device through your web browser The cookies used on this website include:
1. Necessary cookies – for access and navigation. These cookies are installed to provide the User with access to the Website and its basic functionalities; therefore, they do not require the User’s consent.
2. Optional cookies that are not strictly necessary for the basic functioning of the Website. The Administrator uses these optional cookies only when you give consent for their usage. This means that before such cookies are installed on your device, you must explicitly provide consent for such use (separately for each type of cookies). These cookies are divided into:
- Functional cookies (which allow remembering your preferences or choices (such as language, text size, or other customizable elements) and deliver personalized content within the Website).
- Advertising cookies. These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that align with the interests and preferences of the Users. Based on the information from these files and activities on other websites, a profile of Users’ interests is created. The usage of advertising cookies requires your explicit consent.
Google Analytics cookies are files used by Google to analyse how the User uses the Website, create statistics, and generate reports on the Service’s functioning. Google does not use the collected data to identify you or combine it with other information to enable identification. Detailed information about the scope and rules of data collection in connection with this service can be found at the following link:
Google AdWords is a tool that enables the measurement of the effectiveness of advertising campaigns conducted by the Administrator, providing analytics on data such as keywords or the number of unique users. The Google AdWords platform also allows displaying our ads to people who have previously visited the Service.
Information about data processing by Google related to the above service is available at the following link: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en-US
Meta Pixels is a tool that enables the measurement of the effectiveness of advertising campaigns conducted by the Administrator on the Facebook platform. The tool provides advanced data analytics to optimize the Administrator’s activities, also utilizing other tools offered by Meta. Detailed information about data processing by Meta related to the above tool can be found at the following link:
Social media plugins
The Website uses social media plugins These plugins allow you to share content published on the Service on your chosen social media platform. By using these plugins in the Service, the respective social media platform receives information about your use of the Service and may associate it with your profile created on that particular social media platform. The Administrator does not have knowledge about the purpose and scope of data collection by social media platforms.
Detailed information on this matter can be found at the following links:
HotJar is a tool that allows the Administrator to conduct analyses of your activity on the Website, such as surveys or satisfaction reviews, as well as anonymous collection of information about clicks on specific areas of the Service. The tool does not allow the identification of the User.
Detailed information about the data collected through HotJar and the process of deactivating User monitoring can be found at the following link: https://www.hotjar.com/privacy/
LinkedIn Insight Tag
LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of data regarding members’ visits to Administrator’s website. LinkedIn Insight Tag does not share the personal data of members with Us; This tag only provides reports and alerts (which do not identify members) about our website audience and ad performance.
Detailed information about the Tag can be found at the following link:
Cookies management settings
1. Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
2. Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
4. Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
5. Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
You can find more information about cookies at: https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
8. How we protect personal data
The Company takes reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data. Therefore, we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide on the website against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Your information is deleted as soon as it is no longer needed for the specified purposes. As a principle, the data is processed for the duration of the service provision or until the answer to your inquiry is provided or until the withdrawal of consent is expressed or an effective objection to data processing is submitted in cases where the legal basis for data processing is the legitimate interest of the Administrator.
However, we must sometimes continue to store your personal data until the retention periods and deadlines set by statute, regulation, or supervisory authorities, which may arise, for instance, from the applicable commercial code, tax code or money laundering acts and regulations, expire. We may also retain your personal data until the statutory limitation periods have expired, provided that this is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. After that, the relevant personal data is deleted.
9. Data integrity and purpose limitation
The Company limits the personal data it processes to the extent which is relevant for the purposes of the particular processing. The Company does not process personal data in ways that are incompatible with the purposes for which the information was collected or subsequently authorized by you. In addition, to the extent necessary for these purposes, the Company takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we process is (i) reliable for its intended use, and (ii) accurate, complete and current. In this regard, the Company relies on its users to update and correct the relevant personal data to the extent necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected or subsequently authorized. Users may contact the Company as indicated below to request that the Company update or correct relevant personal data.
Subject to applicable law, the Company retains user personal data in a form that identifies or renders identifiable the relevant user only for as long as it serves a purpose that is compatible with the purposes for which the personal data was collected or subsequently authorized by the user.
Users may request access to their personal data by contacting the Company as indicated below. The Company also provides a reasonable opportunity for those users to correct, amend or delete the information where it is inaccurate. Accordingly, where appropriate, the Company provides users with reasonable access to the personal data the Company maintains about them.
Our Services and website are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen. If you are under eighteen, do not provide your personal data to the website. We do not knowingly collect any personal data from individuals under eighteen on our website. Individuals under eighteen should not use the website without authorization from a parent or legal guardian.
The current version of the Policy was adopted and is effective from August 1, 2023.